In order to become a City of Erie police officer, interested candidates must follow the current application process, outlined below.
Applications are available online from April 13, 2020 to June 30, 2020 at:
https://northeast.mercyhurst.edu/municipal-police-training-academy/police-testing . Each application must include a signed money order for $75 payable to Mercyhurst University Police Academy.
- Must include a signed money order for $75 payable to “Mercyhurst University Police Academy”
- No personal checks will be accepted
- No refunds
- Do not send resume or cover letter or personal records or certificates
Applications can be dropped off in person, emailed, or mailed to:
ATTN: NWPAR POLICE TEST
Mercyhurst University Police Academy
16 W. Division Street
North East, PA 16428
Applications must be dropped off, emailed or postmarked by June 30, 2020.
- Registration opens: April 13, 2020
- Registration deadline: June 30, 2020
- Physical agility test: August 1, 2020
- Written test: August 1, 2020